If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Xbox One, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step:
Step 1: Check your connection speed
HBO GO requires a constant Internet connection of 5.0 Mbps or greater to stream video. If videos frequently buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. You can run a diagnostic test from your Xbox One to check your connection speed by pressing the Menu button > Settings > Network > Detailed Network Statistics.
If your connection is strong but you think the issue might still be internet-related, you might try unplugging your network devices (router and/or modem) for one minute and then plugging them back in.
If you're still having issues after checking your internet connection and reseting your network devices, try the following steps:
Step 2: Check the Xbox Live service status
Check the status of HBO GO and the Xbox Live service on the Xbox Live Service status page (scroll down to Apps to see if there's an issue with the HBO GO app).
Step 3: Quit and restart HBO GO
- From the HBO GO app, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- With the HBO GO tile highlighted, press the Menu button on your controller (button with horizontal lines).
- Choose Quit.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Restart your Xbox One console
- Go to the Home screen and scroll left to open the guide.
- Choose Settings > Restart console.
- Once restarted, open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall HBO GO
- Go to My games & apps.
- Highlight HBO GO and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Reinstall the HBO GO app (go to Apps and choose to download HBO GO).
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved
For more query visit us: Hbo Go Help