You want kindle fire support help, In case, your kindle will not able to acquire IP address for loading the data then follow the fixes discussed in the next steps.
1. Update the firmware of your Kindle fire tablet: Amazon has lately released a new firmware 6.2 for its device OS. This update has removed major bugs from the older version. Here we can’t say that this update will specifically meant to remove Wi-Fi bugs but some users have reported in positive over the Amazon kindle support forum.
2. Reset your device to factory settings: Sometimes factory reset may solve your problem. To perform a factory reset, go to settings and click on ‘more’ option. Open the ‘device’ menu from the more option and click on ‘Reset’. This fix has already been verified by some users.
3. Reset your Router: This solution will definitely help you in fixing your problem up to some extent. To change the static IP address of your router, click on DHCP address and read instructions from router manual. Reset your router after deleting all the DHCP records from your kindle fire tablet.
4. Replace your router: Sometimes there are some defects in your router that cannot be repaired easily. The only solution to this problem is replacement of your existing router with new one. You can get it replaced from the nearest service center. You can talk to the company executives over telephone also and take support over line.
5. Give it Time: If you are a routine user of kindle fire tablet, then switch off your kindle device for some minutes and restart it. It will not only solve your Wi-Fi problem but also clears the cache memory of kindle device.
6. Call at amazon Support: If you are still facing the problem, then take Kindle fire support help from the executives by calling at Amazon kindle support number. Though the Wi-Fi issue is recurring in nature but the permanent solution is yet not available with the Amazon support team.