To prevent this error from occurring, you can either turn off the requirement that invoice numbers are unique, or you can edit the duplicate invoice to have a unique number.
To turn off Quickbook Online’s requirement for unique invoice numbers:
- Click the gear icon to open the additional menu options.
- Under Settings, click Account and Settings.
- Click Advanced in the left menu.
- In the Other preferences section, uncheck “Warn if duplicate bill number is used”.
To edit the invoice to give it a unique invoice number:
- Find the invoice number by looking at the error message. It is the number or alphanumeric reference that follows “Exporting invoice -“.
- Search for the invoice using the shipment search (Orders > Shipments).
- Enter the invoice number in the Vendor invoice number field and click Search.
- In the search results, click View for the last shipment with that invoice number.
- In the shipment record, click Edit.
- Give the shipment a new invoice number and save.Usually if you add a suffix “-1” or “B” after the invoice number, it will make it unique. You can confirm by searching for other invoices with the new number you’ve chosen.
For more support services and queries & errors resolution, contact our highly qualified & experienced support team by dialing QuickBooks Online customer service number +1–844–551–9757.